Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2/26/08

Some things are going really well in my life right now. Internships for example. I've had two phone interviews, one with Vera Bradley and one with Eli Lilly, and I need to schedule another one with Crowe for sometime this week or early next week. On Thursday is the DePauw Career and Internship fair, which I'll hopefully get some interviews at as well. Also on Thursday, I'm interviewing at ExactTarget. Next Wednesday I'm interviewing for an application development position at J.D. Byrider. Next Thursday I'm doing the on-campus interviews for Eli Lilly. Today I finally officially applied for the Eli Lilly internship online. *Since taking HCI, I loathe filling out forms that are poorly designed.*

We turned in the housing contract. I think it went really well. Porter has some concerns, but I can't think of anyone else to live with us that will be here on campus. I truly think it will be fine and that his concerns are a little unnecessary. Given this is college so you want to do everything you want, but sometimes you won't live with people that you know. Plus, he knows Jesse, he knows Ashley, we've met on multiple occasions, he and Malisa have met in more than one sober social situation, and he's had class with Curlee. I'm just not sure how he would feel like a sixth wheel. I don't understand why Jesse wouldn't at least talk to him and tell him we want to live with him. Yes, we need six people for group living, but he seems rather normal and I'm sure he's really fun. I don't think everyone understands that if one person pulls out, then we don't get group living. It's a very delicate situation and I wish Jesse had done something about like said to Porter, "Well how about we all go out to dinner as an informal get-to-know-you type thing?" Overall, I'm really excited about the group living. Dave wrote a beautiful letter and I'm really looking forward to living with everyone.

As far as school goes...hahaha. I hate writing petitions and I wish the Academic Petitions Committee would stop making me jump through hoops. I need to go get my professor's signatures tomorrow for everything. It would be so much easier if my original petition went through. I started working on my Data Str. project tonight. I think it'll go just fine. I think I'm flat out screwed in AI, I feel like everything is way over my head. I need to really focus while I'm in class. Last class I didn't do anything but listen to the lecture and I understand it much better, surprise. Scott has a voice that is easy to drift in and out from. Spanish is going pretty well. I'm really good at grammar, which is nice. I dropped French, I hated it, and golf. I didn't want to drop golf, but Comp Org meets at the same time and I'm hoping the Petitions Committee will approve my extension so I can sit on the class and then finish it at the end of second semester. I really love my free weights class though. I love having that time actually in my schedule to work out! I think I'll take another PE class, but only if it's with Bonnie. She is so funny!

I'm really excited to see Bryan (and everyone else!) this weekend. I feel slightly awkward about it though since we've gotten into so many fights over the phone without seeing each other. BUT things aren't awkward unless we make them awkward and I don't either one of us has any desire to do that, so I'm pretty sure everything will be fine.

I've been thinking and I have all these random ideas in my head of things to make and design and I've decided that I need to start drawing them out. I'm not a great drawer, so I'll just have to work on that. It'd be nice to have to remember all my ideas in my head and have them on paper so I can sift through them as I like.

I think that's probably enough for tonight. I'm going to bed...before midnight. This is just unheard of!!

No comments: