Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2/27/08

I love my friends. This is, of course, a silly statement since if I didn't love them, we wouldn't be friends. But it's not living together or spending hours on end together that's so important. It's the little interactions that happen on a day-to-day basis that make me smile and thankful that my friends are in my life. This morning I saw Jesse on my way to class and we stopped to chat for no more than 20 seconds, but that made my entire morning. It was just easy, not forced or not fishing for things to talk about. Haley called today and she's doing really well which makes me so proud of her! We talked for about 10 minutes, just enough time to check in and see how each of us doing. I truly love how we've kept in touch. And we still matter to each other! She always cares about what I'm doing and I always care about how she's doing. It's the little things we tell each other, like how I'm planning on going to Plainfield tonight or how she practices nursing stuff on Noah; stuff that we'd know about each other if we lived in the same city.

Today little interactions make things worthwhile.

No comments: