Thursday, September 18, 2008

9/18/08

I haven't been very good about blogging lately, which is probably ok since I currently live with most of my loyal readers.  Either way, let's take a look at how my life is going, shall we?

Academics
This semester I'm taking 4.5 credits.  I'm in Graphics, Compilers, Spanish Reading & Grammar, Spanish Conversation & Phonetics, Aerobic Conditioning Super Circuit, and French horn lessons.  Whew, talk about a full course load.  Everything seems to be going reasonably well so far.  That's pretty exciting for me.

When I say going well, I mean I'm not failing anything yet.  I feel like I don't understand a lot of what I'm supposed to be learning, which is very frustrating.  I skipped my PE class this morning because I was just too tired.  I started write this post two days ago and I was in a much better mood then.

Activities
Per my usual self, I'm way too involved in things and probably doing way too much!  I have WiCS/ITAP, ACM, DG, Rugby, WGRE, and the CS House which is an activity just trying to cook dinner!  I'm always exhausted (and now bruised, thanks to rugby).

Really Cool Stuff
I'm not exactly attached to DePauw as a school.  I'm much more attached to the parts of DePauw I believe in, like the CS Dept., WiCS, and ITAP (even though ITAP is a catastrophic program right now, it has amazing potential).  I don't plan on going to my graduation because I'm hoping to be going on a rafting trip down the Grand Canyon.  Let's talk about incredible for a moment, shall we?  Yeah.

Plans
I think over the next couple days I'm going to focus on writing down what I want.  I have a general idea of what I want in life and what I want to be.  But that's all it is, an idea.  When I think of it, it is just a feeling I get.  Sometimes there's a nice video playing of what I'm doing on a random Tuesday and sometimes there's a choice word that describes that one instant.  But I'm not sure how to express it in words and full sentences.  I need to write it out in a manner that I can make mini goals or at least figure out what can be done now to move along to the future goals.  Then I get to figure out how much money that costs.  That should be lots of fun!

That was a fun update and I hope that I can remember to continue blogging since I like to keep a record of my life so I can go back, read it later, and wonder what on earth I was thinking.

No comments: