Saturday, August 15, 2009

8/15/09

It’s back to school time…on tv, in stores, at work.  There’s this Wal-Mart commercial that features parents moving their children into a dorm room.  Somehow, they have completely out-fitted the dorm room with stuff from Wal-Mart.  This made me think of two things.

  1. Dorm rooms don’t actually look like that.  Things never stay clean, neat, and organized.  Dorm room lies.
  2. Dorm rooms are awful to live in.  You have to put your bedroom, living room, and office all in a small space.  I’m so happy that last year I got to live in a house!  I was able to have my desk, living space, and bed in different rooms!  It’s so nice to spread out amongst rooms, to which my former roommates can attest.  I love my condo because I have a room for my bed, my wardrobe (seriously, my closet is like a room!), TV and living space, and my desk/office.  Oh and a kitchen!  I have a kitchen and dorm rooms don’t have kitchens.  Main point here: dorm rooms are icky because you have to cram three/four rooms into one!

It’s so odd to not be going back to school, especially when it’s everywhere!  I think I’m glad to finished with my undergraduate degree and in the real world.  Although, it’s true that the grass is always greener on the other side!  Now I want to be able to make my own schedule again so I can do my work between the hours of noon and 3 am.  Of course when I was in school all I wanted was to work during the day and come home at night to my fabulous extra-curricular activities, many of which I have yet to establish.  Now the only choice I have left is graduate school, which will consist of the worst of both worlds.  Someday I will be ready for it, but not quite!

No comments: