Monday, August 10, 2009

8/9/09

I LOVE salsa. Absolutely love it! Had you asked me earlier in the day, I might have said I love salsa. Notice the difference? The first one is all caps. I know, I know, I’m subtle. Let’s talk about my salsa life for a post. On Thursday, I went to La Rumba in downtown Denver. It was super fun! It was my first time out dancing in Denver and I met some nice people and some great dancers. I had heard about a place called Fusion for Friday, but when I looked it up online, I couldn’t find it! The only description I could find was Downtown Denver, which didn’t exactly help me out. I looked up some other places to go on Friday and I went to Opal Restaurant and Blue Ice. Both were supremely lame. I was wholly unimpressed. On Saturday night, I returned to La Rumba because I heard there was a live band on Saturdays. Unfortunately, Saturdays are not like Thursdays. Again, I was salsa disappointed. On Thursday, I had heard from more than one person that the place to be on Sunday night was a club on the north side called DNote. So, tonight I went and checked it out. It was amazing and so much fun! I should be in bed or taking a shower so I can get into bed, but my night was so awesome that I had to share it with you, loyal reader! I saw a couple of people that I saw on Thursday and I really like those people! Plus, it made me feel like I have friends, here, in Denver. Isn’t that exciting?!? One is a man I met on Thursday, who DJs part-time and he introduced me to a dancer who introduced me to another fun dancer tonight! I’m salsa networking, this is fabulous!! And I met a woman who just moved here too! Although she moved from Salt Lake, not quite as far as Indiana, but still, super, right?

I just needed to express how happy I am that tonight was a good night and that I saw people I know which gave me warm fuzzies. *Sigh*

No comments: