Sunday, August 5, 2007

Things that Start with the Letter "W"

It feels weird when people I know get married. When I say people I know, I'm specifically speaking to people I went to high school with. Adrie got married. That in and of itself was weird. But that isn't really the wedding I'm talking about. Catherien Taylor and Jason Edwards got married!! Very cute and it was one of those things you always knew was going to happen.

Anyway, I was looking at the wedding pictures and so many people I know were in the wedding. They were all swimmers! I feel like it makes me almost sad because I'm not really close to anyone that I went to high school with. Exception: Adrie. I'm talking Missy Wilson, Robin Piercall, Rodrigo Iglesias, Matt Williams. Strange to me. I guess it's because Catherine and Jason stayed in West Lafayette. I feel like I left as soon as I was given a chance and I haven't looked back. In face, I'm pretty sure I've cut most ties to West Lafayette, excpet for my parents. That's my choice. Maybe I just get tired of places easily. *Sigh*

I remember in high school when Jason and Kristen were dating. Oh goodness, how awkward to think back on it. PDA in pools is soooo not right! For sectionals her senior year, she was warming up at lunch or maybe after school and she couldn't find her "stroke." I think she made Jason get in and swim with her. It was riduculous!

I suppose the main idea, which I haven't really said at all, but have been thinking is that I'm bad at keeping friends. I suppose that would make me a bad friend. Truly, I feel like I just don't keep friends for very long. Isn't that terrible? The friends I have now, I want to keep! I don't like this feeling. It's making me unhappy and I'm now furrowing my eyebrows and I'm sure I don't look very nice right now.

Well, I have to go find a pay phone and hope that I remember the pin number of my local calling card so I can call Emily and we can figure out where we want to go see Transformers. I'm way out in Escazu and a taxi to downtown is really expensive, but I don't know where the bus goes. I really don't want to go past Coca Cola, because I've heard it's really dangerous. I don't want Emily to have to take a 4,500 taxi out here. Even though the Mulitplaza de Escazu is really gorgeous. Hmm...I love thinking out loud!

No comments: