Saturday, August 4, 2007

Todo Tiene Su Final

So I haven't written in awhile. But I've been trying to do things like speak Spanish and figure the San Jose bus system. I'm now back at the Courtyard Marriott in Escazu. I'll be staying here tonight, tomorrow night, and Monday night. After that I'm headed back home for a couple days.

I love being here in Costa Rica, but I'm really happy to be going home. I miss everyone in the States. If everyone could be here in Costa Rica, I think that would make my life a lot better! I love speaking Spanish and I know my Spanish has gotten so much better since being here! I have actual conversations in Spanish with waiter, taxi drivers, random guys I meet in bars. On the bar topic, I'm very proud of myself because I didn't go out a lot while I was here in Costa Rica.

When I was in Peru, I went out every night and then I got sick! Here, I just didn't feel the need to frequent the bar scene. I've come to conclusion that a bar is a bar. They don't really differ that much from each other. I have this fear that if I go out, I'll drink enough to make me drunk and stupid which will successfully support the stereotype of the ugly drunk American; something I don't want to do! Given there were girls in the program who are that stereotype and it got so old hearing about how they were drunk every night.

I went whitewater rafting Thursday and it was so much fun!! I've decided that I want to continue rafting and that I'm going to learn how to kayak so that I can go down the rapids by myself in a kayak. Sigh!

I'm actually really tired, I was out kind of late last night. Night!

No comments: