Thursday, March 5, 2009

Crowds

I’m a senior.  Not that this means something special, but it does send a clear time designation for how long I’ve been on the DePauw campus.  I think for the first three years of my DePauw career, I was hanging out with the wrong people!  I would say quite a few people have passed in and out my life since I first arrived at DePauw.

Maybe it’s because I’m a senior so I’ve had three years to grow and “find myself,” but I’ve really enjoyed the conversations I’ve been having with people lately.  Previously, I didn’t have these great conversations.  I’m not sure if if was because I wasn’t ready or the group I was with wasn’t conducive to those types of conversations and in fact it may have a been a little of both.  I don’t think I was aware that there are students on this campus who have really important things to say.

Lately, I’ve been trying to be more involved on campus and in doing so, I’ve come in contact with lots of students who are very smart, articulate, and opinionated.  I just regret that I didn’t figure out this subset existed until second semester my senior year!!

No comments: