Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas and Whatnot.

First thing's first...Merry Christmas...and Hanukkah. I guess I got a lot of things for my parents, that's a good thing. I got a whole bunch of stuff. It seems like small things, but at the beginning of the school year, they gave me a shit load of stuff. I'm actually flat out surprised that I got anything at all this Christmas. Before I went to college (and tuition should count as a present, it's about an arm, leg, and my firstborn child) my parents got me a laptop, a new cellphone, an iPod mini, a PDA, and digital camera for graduation. Quickly:

Random Topic with Relating Thoughts on Said Topic:

Expansionism:

  • Industrial
  • Commercial
  • Residential
  • Commuters' Nightmare
  • Country
  • Birthday Parties
  • Living Spaces
  • Living Large.

That was one random list for the night. I have another...no need to worry. About a month ago, my dad's uncle Gene died. He had cancer and he smoke, you know, bad things. Of all my dad's uncles, I was closest to Gene, so when I found out he died, well, I lost it. It's weird, we weren't that close, just closer in comparison to other people. It was just hard for me. (Transition) My grandma is having a terrible time remembering things. Of course this is to be expected for a woman of an elderly age. As my family is here in Seattle and the surrounding area, my mom wants to spend more time with Grandma, understandably so, since her (Grandma's) memory is leaving her, rather quickly. It got me thinking about what happens when Norma dies. Let's face it, I'm pretty close to her; I've spent quite a few Christmases and summers with her. When she dies, I will, literally, lose it. I don't even want to think about it. All I can see is myself shaking and crying. And hugging someone, but even that won't make it any better. So yeah...happy happy things.

As you have probably figured out, I'm in Washington. While here, I'm going to try to look nice and socially acceptable everyday. Of course to accomplish this monstrous and Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious task I had to refrain from packing multitudes of sweats. So I have one pair of sweats and two pairs of boxers, not enough to actually wear anywhere but to bed. So yesterday was a good "look cute" day. I actually wore the same thing I did when I went out to dinner and to see Syriana, hmm. Today wasn't as good, but I wasn't wearing sweats and I feel that's really what counted anyways. Tomorrow I think I'm going to go for a button down and a blazer...maybe. I don't know yet, it's really too soon to tell. haha.

Anyways, Christmas was good. I thought a bit. Sometimes I'm silly. I watched Ray and it made me think about the situation that I'm guilty of getting myself into. So Ray was involved with women on the road, but he refused to leave his family for any of them. Margie got really mad at Ray and she "left" him. The point of the story is this, I'm Margie and someone else is Ray and someone else is Bea. Ray is not going to leave Bea for Margie, even though Ray likes Margie, Ray loves Bea and that's just not going to change. But I think I'm ok with that, for right now, I think it's ok. Not forever, of course, but right now I think I like the whole slightly exhilirating experience.

I really think this is enough for tonight. I'd like to say good night to everyone and Happy Holidays.

Random Topic and Thoughts Relating to Said Topic:

Holiday Things:

  • Snowflakes
  • Sparkly Blues and Reds
  • Candles
  • Scarves
  • Velvet
  • Stars
  • Candy Canes/Peppermint
  • Ear Muffs
  • Straws (oh wait, that's not just Holiday...just random)

good night world.

Me and My Mommy!

Emily, Maddie and Me!!!

Me and Emily, after the festivities!

No comments: