Friday, June 26, 2009

6/26/09

Apparently I’m really stressed about moving.  This is understandable since packing is pretty stressful and I have to have everything packed by tomorrow even though the movers are coming on Monday.  I know I’m stressed because I had a really weird dream last night!  And I’m much more likely to have weird dreams when I’m stressed.

It started with me packing (I don’t really like when dreams mimic life, I’m already living packing, I don’t want to dream about it!) and then suddenly I was on a boat!  I was telling someone about what I had been doing, packing, when they told me that I had also spent a week as a camp counselor at a camp for grade school kids.  I had no recollection of this.  This person continued to tell me that for the entire I was supposed to push a wheelbarrow around, which I did.  Then I was suddenly at this camp, which turned out to be on the street, more of in the middle of the street, that my high school is on.  There’s a big hill and all these kids were on their bikes going down the hill and they insisted that I keep up…while pushing my wheelbarrow.  At the bottom of the hill, which is in front of the football practice field, my wheelbarrow and I were suddenly a part of my old marching band.  I was evidently with the pit section, somewhere in the middle.  I remember passing the color guard, coming to a stop, and realizing our line was awful!  Of course, I was marching with a wheelbarrow.  At that point I think I woke up because Ashley and Scott were having a conversation on Twitter about eggs, so my phone was going off quite a bit.  It’s really good that I woke up, since returning to high school is not on my To Do List.

On a different note, I could also be stressed because I need to write a 15 minute speech about my informal education.  I’m going to Washington DC on Saturday night for the Global Education Competitiveness Summit.  Here’s an article about it.  I’ll be there until the first of July.  On the 1st, I plan on heading to Chicago with the family and leaving for Denver on Thursday.  Of course this could go extremely badly since my stuff is set to arrive sometime between July 2nd and July 12th.  Knowing my luck, it will arrive while I’m in the middle of driving with no chance to get to Denver in the next 12 hours.  Oh well, it’ll be an adventure!

No comments: