Sunday, June 7, 2009

Back from…not writing

Tons of stuff has happened since I last wrote something!  Ashley, Malisa, and I went to Boston to compete in the Imagine Cup and we got First Runners Up!!  We’re so excited!  We took the cash ($4000 to be split equally between all team members) and I got the check in the mail the other day, which was awesome!

I graduated from DePauw, which was pretty sweet.  I wasn’t at commencement because my parents gave me this awesome graduation present of a 16-day rafting trip down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon.  It was breath-taking!  Camping for 16 days is a little much for me, but it was still really fun.  I took pictures and I put them up on Flickr, if you want to, you can check them out here!

3589469303_ce03dd208b The same day that Dad and I got back, Mom was leaving for the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state.  We got to chat briefly about the flooding that happened in the basement!  Fortunately, Mom was able to take care of (mostly) everything!

A couple days after getting back, my parents both went to Washington D.C. for an ADA Conference.  Deb and Greg are there too and they’ll be coming back tonight!  I’m not sure how long Deb and Greg will be here, but the guest room is ready for them!  I’ll be driving to the airport tonight to pick everyone up.

This weekend has been really fun!  Ashley came from Fort Wayne for the weekend and Malisa came up from Danville.  We had a great day yesterday!  Ashley and I went for a short bike ride in the morning and then we went to check out the Palm Pre on the Sprint network.  Let me tell you, the Palm Pre is awesome!  It works with Google Apps so well!  The calendar is so powerful, you can actually see all of your Google calendars and add events to them, instead of just adding the events to the default calendar.  Anyway, I’m a huge fan, as I’m sure you can tell!  I’m seriously thinking about switching over to Sprint to get the Pre.  I’m moving to Denver and my parents are kicking my off of the family plan (unfortunately, as they should be!), so I’m going to have to get my own plan and my own phone.

Since I’m moving to Denver, my parents have been letting me use the garage as storage space, which is super understanding of them since that means the Prius has to parked outside.  Thankfully it’s only for a month!  Plus, because there was no car in the garage, Mom was able to put a lot of stuff in there to make sure it didn’t get wet with all the torrential rains!  I’ll post a picture of the garage soon, it’s pretty intense.  I haven’t done any packing because I’m so intimidated by all the stuff…and there’s not space to do anything!

Wrapping up, I’m hoping that I can start posting a more regular basis, I just have to make the time!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Ed! Of course I have a blog ;) And so do you! (I've been blogging since I was 11, actually, though all of that evidence has been lost over time unfortunately!)

Anyway, girl, you better start posting more frequently. :) I want to hear all about your moving and working and everything! And I love all your pics from your graduation adventure!