Friday, January 2, 2009

AAHHH, My Eye!

The first evening we went to the beach, the sea breeze was in full force.  This means was being blown about.  Of course, a grain of sand got lodged in my eye and I didn’t feel a thing until I took out my contacts that night.  Then it felt like there was something in my eye, but I couldn’t see it or get it out and my eye just kept watering!  I’m not sure what happened to my eye, but it’s rather painful.  Thankfully wearing my contacts makes it slightly better.  We went to the chemist today and they gave me some eye drops and told me the eye was probably scratched.  Here’s some things I don’t understand if it was scratched:

  1. Why do I get the sense I “feel” something when my eyes are closed?  Isn’t closing my eyes supposed to be soothing for a scratch?
  2. I was wearing contacts when I got the scratch, so shouldn’t they have protected my eye then too?
  3. Why is my eye so sensitive to light?
  4. If it’s something on the eyeball that’s scratched, why is my eyelid swollen?
  5. Isn’t there something I can take or topical medication for the discomfort??

Oh well.  The chemist said if it’s not seeing (haha, pun) improvement by tomorrow afternoon to see a doctor.  It’s just frustrating.

No comments: