Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fremantle City Walk

As I type, I am uploading a batch of photos to Flickr documenting some of my City Walk of Fremantle. I thought I’d give a short description here as well.

Snug gave me a ride into Fremantle yesterday so I was able to walk around for a bit and sweat a lot. Yesterday and today have been extremely hot with temperatures reaching 40C, that’s about 104F. The first stop I made was to get some ice cream! Gelato is very popular in Fremantle and I’m certainly not complaining!

PICT3559I wandered around the Cappuccino Strip for a bit, aptly named since there are so many cafes and coffee shops. There are also restaurants and ale houses to be found there as well. Then I moved on to the High Street Mall (see left), a nice pedestrian mall with lots of cute shops.


After that I kept going down High St. and I stumbled across this record store, The Record Finder. This shop has the feel of a classic mPICT3560usic store. LPs lined the walls! After browsing through some of the selection, it became apparent that they have a pretty good collection, consisting of (thankfully) more than just Barbara Streisand and Christmas albums. The jazz section looks really good, so that will make for some fun exploring. I also love current artists on LP, so I might push for a couple of those as well.

Then I walkPICT3570ed along the beach, took some pictures of said beach, and headed back to the bus stop. I caught the 106, Esplande Station via Canning Highway, and headed home. On my way home I stopped at Miami Bakehouse (see below), which is delicious! I’ve truly enjoyed their Vanilla Slice which has vanilla frosting on top of a pastry layer and then custard. I love custard!



PICT3583

Yesterday evening I went out salsa dancing at the Deen. Around midnight the DJ starts playing a lot of reggaeton, which is not my favorite and it’s difficult to dance salsa to. So, Marcus and I went to the Moon Cafe and had dessert. It’s become a nice tradition to have dessert there after dancing and it made for a calm wind down to very busy day!

No comments: