Friday, January 2, 2009

Australia Update

Hello!

I'm in Perth, Australia right now.  I’ve been having a wonderful time and the weather is beautiful!  It’s been in the 30’s all week, which has been really hot!  Without Ashley, my video skills are sorely lacking, but I’ve managed to shoot some stuff here in Perth.

Since I’ve been here, I’ve lost track of the days, but I vaguely remember the dates.  I arrived on the 27th, which was the same day as Greg’s birthday party.  That was exhausting.  The flight from LA to Sydney is 14 hours.  Total air time was about 24 hours.  My mom, genius that she is, got me a pair of noise-cancelling headphones for Christmas, which saved me during the flight; I actually got some sleep!

The next two days were spent doing some shopping.  There’s a nice shopping mall close to the house called Garden City.  There’s also some outlet shops at Harbour Town.  Deb and I only got through the first floor, so we still have to go back!

On Tuesday, Deb, Greg, and I meet up with some of their friends for some Thai food and a movie.  We went to this place call Han’s.  Greg was telling me the story behind Han’s.  It turns out it’s fast Thai food that sets up near cinemas.  The founder thought people would want some fast Thai food before going to the movies.  How right he was!  The service could have been better, but the food was pretty good.  After dinner, we went to see Slumdog Millionaire.  This movie is so intense!  It’s really good.  I’ll of course look for it on Amazon so I can buy it and we all can watch it!

PICT3390

After the movies, we all went to Christina’s house for a bit.  Christina just remodeled her house and it looks lovely!  Her backyard isn’t landscaped and she said it was because she ran out of money for turf (grass).  So, we planned an entire party for Christina to raise money for her backyard.  We decided “A Night at the Races” would be great.  I felt productive!  Here’s the good part, after party planning, Christina and I went out salsa dancing!  Yay!  It was great, a little different than salsa in Indy, but it was still really fun.

PICT3402

Past couple of days I’ve spent at the beach and barbequing.  Last night I watched some Invader Zim after the barbeque!  I might be going to a pub on Sunday, which should be fun.

PICT3427

No comments: